Can I Take Proscar and Prost-P10X?
Can I take Proscar and Prost-P10X? If your doctor has given you a diagnosis of an enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia, BPH) and handed you a prescription for Proscar (finasteride), you may wonder, “So that’s it? Proscar will take care of all my symptoms and I’ll be fine?” Lots of men ask this same question. While drugs like finasteride can be effective in relieving symptoms of BPH, many men also want to take a natural supplement that could benefit their enlarged prostate as well as support prostate health. That natural supplement could be Prost-P10x. Here’s what you should know about taking Proscar and Prost-P10X.
What is Proscar?
Proscar is a 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor that blocks the production of dihydrotestosterone (DHT), the hormone that prompts the prostate to enlarge. Men who take Proscar typically experience relief from BPH symptoms, including difficulty urinating, painful urination, frequent and/or urgent need to urinate, and the need to urinate frequently during the night.
Although Proscar can be effective, it typically takes about six months before men notice any benefits from the drug. In addition, Proscar use is associated with side effects that can be distressful and even embarrassing, such as breast enlargement, reduced libido, erectile dysfunction, ejaculation disorders, and orgasm disorders, most of which can continue even after men stop taking Proscar. Other side effects, including male infertility and poor semen quality, can improve after men stop taking the drug.
What is Prost-P10X?
Prost-P10X is an all-natural supplement that supplies men one dozen ways to be good to their prostate. “By offering men Prost-P10X, we are trying to present a natural option for prostate health,” says Dr. Geo Espinosa, Director of the Integrative Urology Center at New York University and Chief Science Officer at Prostate Research Labs.
According to Dr. Geo, Prost-P10X is “a supplement that may help men get off the drugs and that provides a clinical strength and supportive program for prostate health.” That supportive program includes twelve natural nutrients and herbs specially formulated to nurture prostate health and supported by clinical studies.
Nutrients in Prost-P10x
- Beta-sitosterol: helps inhibit the production of DHT and promote a healthy prostate size
- Quercetin dihydrate: promotes prostate health as a potent antioxidant
- Vitamin D3: helps bring this nutrient to healthy levels to support prostate health
- Zinc citrate: nurtures prostate health and supports healthy sexual function
- 3,3-diindolylmethane (DIM): supports the balance of testosterone and estrogen, which is necessary for normal prostate size and health
Herbs in Prost-P10x
- Cranberry: helps support prostate health and urinary tract integrity
- Curcumin (Meriva®): helps regulate inflammation and supports prostate health
- Green tea extract: supports normal prostate size, regulates hormones that effect prostate size, and nurtures prostate health
- Pollen extract (Graminex G63™): can help with frequent nighttime urination as well as support prostate health
- Pygeum africanum bark: inhibits the production of DHT
- Saw palmetto extract: helps enhance prostate health and a healthy sex drive
- Stinging nettle root: promotes urinary tract and prostate health, especially when combined with saw palmetto and quercetin
There’s more than one way to manage symptoms of an enlarged prostate and also support prostate health. Proscar and Prost-P10X may be an answer. Dr. Geo notes that men who want to reduce their use of Proscar may want to consider Prost-P10x as a natural, safe option to support their prostate.