Holistic and Integrative Urology, Nutrition and Complementary Therapy
Education and Board Certification
- Medical Education: University of Bridgeport School of Naturopathic Medicine, 2003
- Masters in Acupuncture: University of Bridgeport Acupuncture Institute
- Internship: Washington Heights Urology (Affiliate of Columbia University Medical Center Department of Urology)
- Residency/Fellowship: Center for Holistic Urology, Columbia University Medical Center Department of Urology
About Dr. Espinosa
Dr. Espinosa earned his four-year naturopathic doctoral degree and two-year acupuncture degree at the University of Bridgeport. He completed a residency and fellowship at the Center for Holistic Urology, a program of Columbia University Medical Center Department of Urology. At the Center for Holistic Urology, Dr. Espinosa treated patients with a broad range of urologic conditions and directed clinical research under Dr. Aaron Katz.
Dr. Espinosa’s clinical research has centered on the therapeutic value of proper nutrition and supplement intake. His studies at the University of Bridgeport focused on quality control in the manufacturing of dietary supplements, and he is an authority on that topic. His research at the Center for Holistic Urology included the use of Zyflamend, Prostabel and pomegranate juice for prostate cancer patients.
Dr. Espinosa’s practice focuses on integrative, holistic approaches to urologic conditions. He has specific interests in clinical nutrition, western and eastern herbal medicine, diet modification, acupuncture, the mind/body connection, and exercise, all of which can be powerful therapies for urologic conditions.
Dr. Espinosa is a member of the American Urological Association, the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians and the American Herbalist Guild. He is a member of the Advisory Board at Prostate.net as well as the Chief Science Officer at Prostate Research Labs
Diseases and Conditions Treated
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
- Erectile dysfunction (impotence) after prostate treatment
- High-grade PIN
- Hormone therapy side effects
- Incontinence after prostate treatment
- Interstitial cystitis
- Nutrition management before and after prostate surgery
- Prostate cancer (primary and recurrent)
- Weight management before prostate surgery